Websites selected by teachers and librarians to save you time.
Indigenous Australian Servicemen
Simpson and his Donkey debate
The following sources support the doubt regarding Simpson’s role - was he used to create and symbolise the ANZAC legend?
These sources support the theory that Simpson was a brave and courageous hero:
Creative Commons Images
The CC Search prototype allows you to search across a variety of open content through a single interface, and create and share lists and save your searches. One of the best features is one-click attribution, giving you the option to copy the attribution as text or HTML, making it super simple to correctly credit images in your research task.
Here is an example:
“Gallipoli 096” by Britrob is licensed under CC BY 2.0
- Blog: Diary of an Anzac
- 1916: Australians in France - quotes from soldiers
- A trooper's last letter home from Gallipoli
- Anti-Conscription: Address by Dr. Mannix
- Treasure Trove: Diaries of Major Frederick Tubb VC
- Australia Remembers - contains a wealth of both primary and secondary sources
- Australian War Memorial Reference Book (37 page pdf download)